Full-Time Retail Sales Associate
- Do you have an interest in natural health, personal care, herbs, supplements, homeopathy, beauty or skincare?
- Do you connect well with people?
- Do you speak passionately about the products you sell?
- Do you enjoy learning new skills and information?
- Do you like working one-on-one with customers and developing client relationships?
Merz Apothecary is a family-owned business dedicated to creating a memorable and rewarding experience for customers AND employees. Our 144-year-old business is focused on natural health, personal care, and beauty.
We are looking for a full-time Sales Associate to join our downtown location on the lower level of the Palmer House Hilton Hotel.
The Sales Associate works closely with customers to determine their needs, answer their questions about our products and recommend the right solutions. The Sales Associate stays up-to-date with product information and maintains our store’s high standards for visual appearance.
- Welcome customers to the store and answer their questions
- Assess customers needs and provide assistance and information on product features
- Actively seek out customers in store
- Ensure high customer satisfaction through gracious service
- Follow and achieve sales goals
- Maintain store, ensuring shelves are stocked and in presentable condition
- Remain knowledgeable on products offered
- Process purchases and handle returns
- Collaborate with co-workers to ensure proper customer service
Build productive trusting relationships with customers
- Excellent customer service skills and the desire to connect with people
- Strong communication and listening skills
- A friendly and energetic personality with a customer service focus
- Ability to perform under pressure and address complaints in a timely manner
- Ability to speak honestly and passionately about the products we sell
- Attention to detail
- Excellent team and collaboration skills
- Availability to work flexible shifts
Experience and Education
- Experience or interest in natural health, personal care, herbs, supplements, homeopathy, beauty or skincare
- Established retail sales and customer service experience
- High school diploma or GED diploma
- Proficiency in English
- Fluency in German, Romanian, Polish, Serbo-Croatian, or other second languages a plus.
The position is for 40 hours a week. We offer a competitive salary based on experience with excellent benefits, 401k profit-sharing, and an incentive plan.
To Apply: If interested in this position, please email your resume along with a cover letter or introductory email to email@example.com. Resumes sent without an introduction WILL NOT be considered. Please include any schedule limitations. Must have excellent references.
Merz provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.